Who processes your personal data?
The information we gather
At various times you may contribute your personal data to us. For example, in order to process a request or enquiry you may make concerning a property or transaction, we need to know all or some of the following: your name, e-mail address and telephone number.
For further detail on our gathering of personal data, see Surveys and Newsletters below.
How we use your personal data
We will also use the personal data users provide to us to contact the user from time to time with critical user or service updates, and to send other messages that are integral to the service we provide on the Site. If you have an account on the Site, we must always be able to e-mail you operational information about your account and your use of our services.
Your personal information is not shared with third parties, except: 1) in the case of special promotions by us, or one of our partners, about which you've requested to be notified; 2) where a third party performs services on our behalf and has agreed to keep such information confidential (such as the processing of your credit card payment or the conduct of an online survey for example); and 3) our Affiliates, but only for the purpose of performing this Agreement.
In the event that we or the Site are acquired by a third party, your personal information may be transferred to any such acquirer.
As a member of the Site, you will receive the FinestLuxuryVacations.ComTM newsletter, which is an integral part of the service we provide. Users may cancel their subscription to these newsletters at any time.
Surveys are another method by which we gather information about our users. From time to time, we request users? Input in order to evaluate potential features and services. The decision to answer a survey is completely yours. We use information gathered from surveys to improve our service.
Site users may send inquiries to members via forms provided by the use of clickable links on the Property listings pages of the website. If you choose to send an inquiry through these links, your personal information, including your e-mail address and any other information you supply, will be visible to the member in question so that they might reply directly to you. If you call the member, you may be asked to leave a return telephone number. Do not share information in the e-mail or phone call that you are not prepared to allow them to have, including, but not limited to, credit card and bank account information. These inquiries are both sent to the individual member you selected and retained by us. The resulting inquiry is available for review only by the member to whom they were initially addressed and to our customer service employees, who may be asked by members for their past inquiry information. While the content of these inquiries is not shared with any other party, the Site may, from time to time, use third party e-mail servers to send and track receipt of the inquiry e-mails, and analyze the pattern of inquiry usage reported by these third party tracking systems; the resulting information is used and stored only in an anonymous form.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information Once We Have It?
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each user's responsibility:
- to protect against unauthorized access to your use of the Site;
- to ensure no-one else uses the Site while the user’s machine is “logged on” to the Site service;
- to log off or exit from Site when not using it; and
- where relevant, to keep his/her password or other access information secret.
What is a Cookie and Why Do We Use Them?
- We use third-party site usage tracking companies to analyze your Site visit or to conduct surveys. In the course of serving our pages, these third parties may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to the Site and other Web sites in order to help us understand how to serve you better.
- We also may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit How2Vacation.ComTM. These third-party companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. When you view a web page on our Site that contains advertising provided by one of these third parties, the service provider may place a cookie on or retrieve a cookie from your computer if you have not disabled your browser from receiving cookies.
Web Beacons and Clear GIFs
- We gather and share anonymous information concerning the usage of Finest Luxury Vacations.ComTM by members and visitors with one or more third-party tracking companies for the purpose of reporting statistics. In this connection, some of the pages you visit on How2Vacation.ComTM use electronic images placed in the web page code, called pixel tags (also called a ?clear GIFs? or ?Web Beacons?) that can serve many of the same purposes as cookies.
- Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow.
- The Site's third-party advertising service providers may also use Web Beacons to recognize you when you visit the Site and to help determine how you found the Site. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here: http://networkadvertising.org
How we protect your privacy with third parties
- As indicated above, we may work with other companies who place cookies or web beacons on our Site. These companies help operate our Site and provide you with additional products and services. They are subject to confidentiality agreements with us and other legal restrictions. We do not permit any of these companies to collect personal information using cookies or web beacons on our Site.
- Some of these companies are our service providers who place cookies that help us serve our own content and compile anonymous site metrics and analytics. We require these companies to use the information they collect only to provide us with these services under contract.
- We may participate in cookie-based ad networks. This means that these companies may use some anonymous information about you (based on a cookie on your computer) to display ads. We do not permit these companies to collect any personal information about you. Anonymous information using cookies is required to tailor certain advertising you may see on our Site.
How do I correct or update my information?
- We allow our users the option to change or modify information previously provided. This may be done through the following methods:
- e-mail the request to email@example.com
How do I opt-out of receiving marketing communications from you?
- You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by the following means:
- send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , or
- follow the instructions included in each communication or newsletter,
- use the unsubscribe function
- commencing one month after the date of posting;